Monday, May 4, 2009

FATHER-DAUGHTER CAMPOUT


Kate had a big weekend. She got to go on her first camping trip with her daddy. Brad bought her her own sleeping bag, a new hat and all sorts of treats for their outing. They left on friday after her nap and came home saturday at noon. She had a great time. They called me from the tent that evening to tell me about it. They already had dinner and were going to sleep for the night at 10pm. Kate had such a great time running around the tent and going in all the cubbies that they didn't go to sleep till midnight. Then around 6am they were awakened by the neighboring girls and so their day started early. (Kate is a late sleeper and will sleep to 9-10 if you let her) They had breakfast and played in the creek. She was the youngest one there so she was the first one in line for the pinata. I'm sure she did the most damage! She actually had a hard time considering the bat was bigger than her. She had a great time with her daddy and when they walked in she didn't want to come inside and wanted to stay with her dad. Can you blame her? She spends so much time with me inside on my recliner. I wouldn't want to come home either.




But that wasn't all the fun for the day. She got a blow up pool for her birthday and we finally blew it up. We got one big enough for me to lay in (with all my pregnancy bigness). So Kate and I played in the pool for an hour or 2 while Brad organized the shed. It was an eventful day, for Kate and Brad anyway. Brad was so busy that day. Not only did he go to father daughter and organize the shed, he also canned some powdered milk, grocery shopped, cleaned the house and did some laundry! All while Kate and I played in the pool. How unfair and unfun is that!! But he never complains and has such a wonderful attitude. He is such an example to me and how I need to be better at not complaining.

THANK YOU BRADLEY FOR ALL YOU DO!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey hey! I finally got on your blog...I didn't hear about the camp out when we saw you on Sunday. That is too cute! Yes, Brad is amazing with all that he does...but you are amazing too..sacraficing so much of your time for this new little one. Cute pictures! We are looking forward to seeing you guys on Thurs. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that bradley is amazing. porter and his hang nails manage to be pretty helpful these days too. ha ha. tonight my stupid siatic nerve was KILLING so i just layed on the couch, put my feet up and told porter "pretend im julie"(meaning on bedrest) it worked for about 10 minutes. that is really cute with the campout, ours is in october we will see if elizabeth is ready?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE WANT TO SEE YOU IN THE POOL JULIE

    ReplyDelete