Saturday, March 28, 2009

BACK ON BED REST AGAIN


When I was pregnant with Kate we found out that I have an incompenent cervex and that I don't hold my babies past week 13. So, I got a cerclage (a stitch) to keep me closed and I got to spend the next 6 months on bed rest. Well, we are on round two now and things are progressing well. I am 25 weeks, in my 6th month and have been on bed rest for 3 months. So, I only have 3 more to go!!!!!!!!! This time around is a bit different, actually A LOT different. Last time I just took care of myself and kept myself occupied with different things. But this time I have Kate and she keeps me busy. I have wonderful family that help me every day to take care of Kate and keeps her occupied. It is going a lot smoother than I thought it would and that is due to all the wonderful help we receive every day!! I am so blessed to have so much family around to help but even if they weren't around I have the best neighbors that take such good care of me also. They are constantly checking in and doing things for us. I am blown away by all of their Christ-like service. Thank you to all of you for your help and examples!!!
Kate has adapted so well and whenever people ask where her mom is she says "inside on chair." She is my best helper and really helps the time fly by. She loves playing "horsey" with me because I can crawl around, so I spend a lot of time on my hands and knees. Which I have come to understand again how kids feel being short. You just can't see things so well from down here and by the time you get to a higher level to see what's so special, it's all over.
Bradley is AMAZING. He amazed me last time with how happy and how well he could handle everything and is amazing me now even more. Brad needs no help running the house. He does it with ease and does it better than I can with his help. His positive attitude really helps me out on those days when I am just tired of laying. You really start to miss the little things like preparing food, shopping, driving, cleaning. So much so that I dream about them. I have very vivid dreams when I am pregnant. I have been grocery shopping, flying in the mall (yes everyone around me was jealous!), swimming (which I can do if I can get to the pool and when I get there I LOVE IT) and a few scary ones where Brad wakes me up because I am wrestless and moaning, yelling or hitting the pillow. I'm glad I wasn't hitting him!
So here's to 3 more months!

No comments:

Post a Comment